My husband always teases me about the mess I make when I’m cooking. Probably because he always does the clean up. I manage to dirty a lot of dishes. It really looks like a tornado hit by the time I’m done.
This meal is a different story, I only had to use one skillet. I did use a small cutting board for the fresh basil, but that’s it! It’s an easy, yummy meal with minimal clean up. You can’t beat that!
Easy clean up and it’s a quick meal. Two of my favorite things! I’m always looking for meals like this during the week when I’m working and running the kids around.
This Skillet Lasagna uses ground beef – not turkey!
It also has pasta! And to top it all off is the mozzarella cheese. Yum! These are some of my favorite things.
Nothing about this dish says diet food. The whole family ate this and there were no complaints.
Yield: 6 servings (8 Freestyle per serving)
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 1/2 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
- Brown ground beef in a 14 inch skillet with the minced onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Break up into small pieces while it’s cooking, then drain the grease .
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce making sure the noodles are covered. Place lid on the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and let it cook 15 minutes, or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Once noodles are cooked sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil.