I manage to dirty a lot of dishes when I cook. It really looks like a tornado hit by the time I’m done.
This meal is a different story, I only had to use one skillet. I did use a small cutting board for the fresh basil, but that’s it! It’s an easy, yummy meal with minimal clean up. You can’t beat that!
Easy clean up and it’s a quick meal. Two of my favorite things! I’m always looking for meals like this during the week when I’m working and running the kids around.
This Skillet Lasagna uses ground beef – not turkey!
It also has pasta! And to top it all off is the mozzarella cheese. Yum! These are some of my favorite things.
Nothing about this dish says diet food. The whole family ate this and there were no complaints.
Click here to view your WW Personal Points and track it on your app.
Yield: 6 servings (8 per serving for blue, green and purple)
- 1 lb. 90% lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 32 1/2 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Chopped fresh basil
- Brown ground beef in a 14 inch skillet with the minced onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt and pepper. Break up into small pieces while it’s cooking, then drain the grease .
- Add pasta and Parmesan cheese to the skillet.
- Add tomato sauce making sure the noodles are covered. Place lid on the skillet.
- Bring to a simmer and let it cook 15 minutes, or until noodles are done, stirring occasionally.
- Once noodles are cooked sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese and put the lid back on until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil.
If you’re looking for some zero point recipes, check out my post 20 Zero Point Recipes or my post 20 (More) Zero Point Recipes. Both are filled with delicious recipes that won’t cost you a single point! They’re perfect for days when you’re running low on points, or trying to save up points for a night out.
If you’re looking for dessert recipes you can visit 50 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts. It’s filled with delicious desserts perfect for Weight Watchers!