I always know a recipe is a hit if my kids love it. This is one of those recipes. The cinnamon crisps taste like Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I can eat those by themselves for a sweet treat they are so good. The apple pie dip tastes just like blueberry muffins. Just kidding!!! It tastes like apple pie of course!!
Like most of my recipes, this is easy. I had the whole thing ready in under 30 minutes.
Apple Pie Dip & Cinnamon Crisps
Yield: 2 servings (3 SmartPoints per serving)
- 1 medium, soft flour tortilla
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup granulated Splenda
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 medium granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut tortilla into bite size “chips”. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix Splenda and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Reserve 1 tablespoon. Spray the tortilla chips with cooking spray and sprinkle the mixture onto it. Flip the chips over and do the same to the other side. Bake for 7 minutes or until they are crispy.
- Mix the apples with lemon juice. Put them in a medium size pot, add the cinnamon, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon of the Splenda and cinnamon mixture. Cook over medium heat until the juice from the apples begins to boil.
- Mix together the cornstarch and water. Add it to the apple mixture and continue cooking until it begins to boil. Allow the mix to thicken, about 5 more minutes.