These cucumber sandwiches are the perfect appetizer for a party. They are so good I sometimes eat them for lunch or a snack. Each one is only 2 SmartPoints. They are light, but also filling.
I usually use a loaf of pumpernickel cocktail bread but my grocery store was out of it. I was really craving this so I had to improvise. I bought a regular loaf of pumpernickel bread, cut off the crust (in a rectangular shape), then cut it into two squares. It worked out great!
With only four ingredients in this recipe, it is very easy to make. Even having to cut up the bread it only took me 15 minutes. I love a recipe that is tasty AND easy!
- 1 loaf of pumpernickel cocktail bread
- 7.5 oz 1/3 less fat garden vegetable cream cheese
- 1 cucumber
- dill, dried
- Peel and slice the cucumber.
- Spread 1/2 tablespoon of cream cheese on a piece of bread.
- Add a slice of cucumber.
- Sprinkle a pinch of dried dill on the cucumber. Repeat until you run out of ingredients.