I’m all about easy meals that don’t take long to prepare. These fish tacos are definitely one of those meals!
Believe it or not I used fish sticks for these tacos. I was surprised to find out that the fish sticks were only 1 Freestyle point each.
I used Van de Kamp’s fish sticks. It’s something we almost always have in the freezer. My younger daughter eats them quite often.
For the taco shells I used “street tacos” size. They were the perfect size for the fish sticks.
The fish sticks take about 15 minutes to bake. While they were baking I prepared my slaw mixture.
I used napa cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions, vinegar, salt and granulated Splenda for the slaw.
I cheated a little and bought the carrots already shredded, it was totally worth it.
Once my slaw mixture was made it was time to make the Sriracha/mayo sauce. This is as easy as stirring the two ingredients together. I love Sriracha mayo. I don’t like my food very spicy, but this is perfect for me.
It gives the recipe a little bit of heat and adds a great flavor to the tacos.
I was recently watching a Trevor Noah stand-up show. He did a whole bit about tacos. It was so funny! It made me realize how much American’s love tacos.
Trevor Noah is from South Africa and he had never had a taco. Can you believe that? He never tried a taco until he moved to the United States. Thinking of a life without tacos makes me sad.
There are so many different ways you can make tacos. You can use chicken, beef, fish, veggies…it’s totally up to you! There are no rules for tacos.
Tweinty Minute Fish Tacos
Yield: 8 Fish Tacos – 2 per serving. 8 Freestyle points per serving
- 8 fish sticks (one Freestyle points per fish stick)
- 8 “street taco” size shells. I used Mission brand
- 2 cups Napa shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated Splenda
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha
- Bake fish sticks according to the directions on the box.
- Mix together the cabbage, carrots, cilantro, green onions, garlic, white vinegar, salt and Splenda.
- In a small bowl mix together the light mayonnaise and Sriracha.
- Assemble the tacos by adding the slaw mixture, one fish stick, then the Sriracha mayo.