If you are looking for the perfect dish for a Fourth of July party (that’s still Weight Watchers friendly) then this is it!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Not only is this fruit salad super cute, it’s also zero points! I definitely recommend using a clear glass bowl so you can see the red, white and blue fruit.
For the red fruit I just went with strawberries. I think they are the most vibrant red fruit. Raspberries would be a good idea too.
White fruit is a little more difficult. I don’t think there’s too much you can use that’s actually white. I went with apples that I peeled. I used them for the white layer in the salad and also for the stars.
After I peeled the apple I sliced it in a way that I would be able to use a star shaped cutter. I used the smallest star.
After I cut the stars I put them in a small zip up bag with a little bit of lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. I cut up the rest of the apples and put them in a separate zip up bag with lemon juice.
For the layer of blue fruit I used blueberries and black grapes. Blackberries are also a good option.
I layered my Fourth of July fruit salad with the strawberries on the bottom, then the apple pieces, and last the blueberries and black grapes. I put the apple stars on top of the blueberries.
The amount of servings in this really depends on how much fruit you use. Either way, it’s still zero points!
Here are a few of the things I used for the fruit salad:
Fourth of July Fruit Salad
- Black grapes
- Peel the apples. Cut apple into enough big slices to make the stars. Use a star shaped cutter to make the stars.
- Put the stars in a zip up bag with some lemon juice so they don’t turn brown.
- Chop up the rest of the apples. Place them in a second zip up bag with lemon juice.
- Chop up the strawberries.
- Layer the fruit in a clear bowl. Strawberries on the bottom, then apples, blueberries and black grapes on top. Place the apple star cut outs on the fruit salad last.