I love that it is grilling season! It’s so easy to pop the grill on and cook up some meat…and it’s easy to clean up.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Grilled chicken is one of my favorites, especially since it’s 0 Freestyle points. For this recipe I put the chicken on skewers. They are really easy to cook and I think they’re more fun to eat.
One thing you want to make sure you do is to soak the skewers in warm water for 10 to 30 minutes before putting them on the grill. That way they won’t cook with the food.
After I turned the grill on I started getting my chicken ready. All I did was cut it up into small pieces, then added them to the skewers. Each skewer I made had one chicken breast on it. Next I seasoned my chicken with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Once the grill was heated I added the chicken skewers for 10 minutes, flipping them frequently. Then I brushed on some soy sauce and let them cook for about 5 more minutes, or until the juices run clear.
While the chicken was cooking I prepared my sauce. This is the same sauce I used for my Thai Chicken Wraps. It’s PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, water, lime juice, rice vinegar, soy sauce, minced garlic, Splenda, salt and red pepper flakes. If you are not a fan of heat you can omit the red pepper flakes.
This is a great recipe for those crazy weeknights. It only takes about 20 minutes to prepare. Those are my favorite kind of meals!
Here are a few of the things I used for this recipe:
Thai Chicken Skewers
Yield: 2 Servings (1 chicken breast plus 1/2 the sauce per serving = 2 Freestyle points)
For the chicken:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
For the sauce:
- 4 tablespoons PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated Splenda
- pinch of salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes (omit if you don’t want it spicy)
- If you are using wooden skewers soak them for 10-30 minutes before using.
- Preheat grill.
- Cut chicken into small pieces, then add them to skewer. If desired, season the chicken. I used garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken to the grill. Cook for 10 minutes while turning frequently. Brush on soy sauce, then cook 5 more minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients for the sauce and mix together.