This cheeseburger pie screams comfort food. And it’s only 6 Freestyle points per serving!
It’s also a quick meal. Perfect for crazy weeknights! It took about 15 minutes to prep and 25 minutes to bake.
This is a recipe I’ve been making for years, but I lightened it up.
I used 95% lean ground beef, skim milk, Heart Smart Bisquick, and reduced fat cheddar cheese. I couldn’t even tell a difference.
If you want to lighten it up even more you could try using fat-free ground turkey. I haven’t tried it, but if you like ground turkey I think it would be good.
That simple change would save the recipe 24 points! That means each serving would only be 3 Freestyle points each.
Let me know if you try it.
Some things I used in this recipe:
Those measuring spoons are my favorite because it has a 1/8 teaspoon. It’s the simple things that make me happy. 🙂
I love that the pie dish is white. I think it looks so much nicer serving dinner vs. a regular clear pie dish.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Yield: 8 Servings (6 Freestyle Points per serving)
- 1 lb. 95% lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup fat free skim milk
- 1/2 cup Bisquick Heart Smart
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook lean ground beef and onion until the beef is brown. Drain the fat, add salt and pepper, and stir.
- In a mixing bowl add eggs, skim milk, and Heart Smart Bisquick. Whisk until it is blended.
- Add the ground beef to a pie dish. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese onto the ground beef, then pour the milk mixture onto it.
- Bake 25 minutes, or until cooked through in the center.