If you like chicken Parmesan you’re going to love this! Italian food is my favorite and this one is a keeper!
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Chicken Parmesan has always been one of my favorite Italian meals. I love that with Weight Watchers I can still enjoy it.
That’s what gave me the idea to make a Chicken Parmesan Casserole. It has all of the great flavors of Chicken Parmesan, but in a casserole.
This casserole makes 4 large servings for only 3 Freestyle points each. I put mine over 1/2 cup of spaghetti noodles which were 3 additional points.
My dinner was only 6 points altogether! That’s not a lot of points considering I got to eat pasta!
This recipe got two thumbs up from my family. I hope you enjoy it too.
I baked it in a casserole dish like this one. You could also make bake it in an 8×8 baking pan or even a pie dish.
Chicken Parmesan Casserole
Yield: 4 Servings (3 Freestyle points per serving)
- 16 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups boneless, skinless, cooked chicken breasts, chopped or shredded
- 1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Italian style breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper to a medium saucepan. Let simmer 15 minutes.
- Spray your casserole dish with no stick cooking spray.
- Stir the chicken into the tomato sauce, then pour it into the casserole dish. Add the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, then breadcrumbs.
- Bake 25 minutes or until it is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Some things I used for this recipe: