This is my new favorite breakfast!! Not only does it taste delicious but it’s low in points too!
I made this in an 8×8 baking pan. If you cut it into 6 pieces each serving is 3 Freestyle points.
If you cut it into 4 pieces each serving is 5 Freestyle points. The four pieces are huge! Very filling.
I love that eggs are 0 points with Freestyle. I was able to make this without using Egg Beaters.
I lightened it up by using turkey sausage and reduced fat cheddar cheese. I plan on making this over and over and over!!
You can also get it ready the night before and leave it in the fridge.
Pop it in the oven when you wake up and you’ll have yourself a homemade breakfast. It’s really easy.
You don’t have to limit yourself to just green peppers in this. Feel free to mix it up and try other vegetables.
As long as they are 0 point veggies it won’t change the point total.
Yield: 4 servings (5 Freestyle points) or 6 servings (3 Freestyle points)
- 6 Jennie-O lean turkey breakfast sausage links
- 6 Eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 cups frozen hash browns (the cubed hash browns)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove casing from sausage links. Break them up and brown them in a frying pan.
- Add eggs to a medium bowl and scramble them. Add the milk, salt and pepper and whisk it together.
- In another bowl add the hash browns, green pepper, onion and cheddar cheese. Mix it all together.
- Spray an 8×8 baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- Add the hash brown mixture to the pan. Then add the egg mixture.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until the center is set.