These Reuben roll-ups are perfect for St. Paddy’s day. It’s all the taste of a Reuben sandwich, without the bread.
Reuben’s are one of my favorite sandwiches. To be honest I pretty much love all sandwiches. Except bologna. I’ve never been a fan of it. But the problem is the bread is a lot of points!
I lightened up these Reuben’s by leaving out the bread, using reduced fat Swiss cheese, and fat free thousand island. You would never even know!
The roll-ups are only 2 Freestyle points each. That’s perfect if you’re looking for a quick snack. Just make one and you’re only down 2 points. Or have a light lunch by eating two for 4 points. It’s all up to you!
Yield: 6 servings – 2 Freestyle points per serving
- 6 slices corned beef (I used Boar’s Head – each slice was 1 oz. or slightly under)
- 3 slices ultra thin Swiss cheese, each cut in half
- 12 tablespoons shredded sauerkraut
- 3 tablespoons fat free Thousand Island dressing
- Lay out one piece of corned beef. Put 1/2 tablespoon of Thousand Island dressing in the center, then add 2 tablespoons sauerkraut.
- Roll up the corned beef and top with a slice of Swiss cheese.
- Place on a baking sheet. Repeat until you have 6 Reuben roll-ups.
- Place under the broiler in the oven until the cheese is melted, approximately 4-6 minutes.