I love Italian food. I also love soup. So I figured why not combine two of my favorite things?
I got a pressure cooker for Christmas and I’m having so much fun experimenting with it.
It’s amazing to me that food can be cooked so quickly and turn out SO GOOD!!!
If you don’t have one and you’re thinking about getting one, I highly recommend it. If you don’t want to spend the money on an Instant Pot the Crock Pot version has many of the same features.
My husband was quite happy with this recipe overall. Not only did he love the soup, but he loved the clean up too.
Everything was cooked in the Instant Pot. The noodles alone would normally be a pot to cook in and the colander. He said it was one of the best meals I’ve made with the least amount of clean up. I’ll take that as a win!
I added 1 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese to my soup which added 2 points. You can leave it off if you don’t want to add the points.
Yield: 8 servings (1 1/2 cups per serving = 4 Freestyle points)
- 6 oz. Italian ground sausage (I used Johnsonville brand)
- 2 (14.5 oz.) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10.5 oz.) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 oz. mini farfalle noodles
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Turn the Instant Pot setting to Sautee and cook the sausage. Drain the grease.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, water, noodles and all of the seasonings.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 3 minutes. Once the timer beeps, allow the pressure to release for 5 minutes, then move the valve to unseal to let the rest of the pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir. Then enjoy!
Like us on Facebook!
Follow us on Instagram!