Are you ready for this……these mini pies are one point each with Freestyle! ONE POINT EACH!!!!
Part of the reason they are only 1 point each is because they are mini. I used a mini muffin pan for these so they are almost more of a cookie size.
One thing I do recommend is using low fat vanilla ice cream or fat free whipped cream.
I opted to use ice cream. It was so good! I used a melon baller to scoop out the ice cream. I didn’t even use a full scoop, just a sliver.
I used a two inch cookie cutter for the pie crust. I was able to get 27 mini pies with a few scraps leftover.
When I say I used a cookie cutter it was actually a Snoopy glass that had a two inch opening. Basically, it doesn’t matter what you use, just make sure it’s two inches.
Mini Apple Pies
Yield: 27 servings (1 Freestyle Smart Point per pie)
- 1 Pillsbury Pie Crust
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice from one lemon
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- OPTIONAL: low fat vanilla ice cream or fat free whipped cream. You will need to calculate any additional points for this.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, mix together apples, brown sugar, Splenda, cinnamon and lemon juice. Cook in a saucepan over medium heat for about 4 minutes
- Mix together cornstarch and water. Pour over the apples and cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll the pre-made crust. Using a 2-inch cookie cutter, cut out 27 circles.
- Put the pie crust into the muffin tin. Then fill each crust with the apple mixture.
- Bake 16-19 minutes or until the crust is golden.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.