I am a huge fan of soup….and this one is a new favorite!
To start with, it’s super easy to make. It only takes 30 minutes. This is perfect when you need a quick weeknight meal.
Another bonus is there’s cheese tortellini in the soup! That is one of my favorites. We almost always have tortellini at our house because my kids love it so much.
Although it is somewhat high in points I usually have a small portion with a low point salad. Everything in moderation.
I bought a rotisserie chicken for this recipe to save time. I don’t usually do that with soup, but it was really good.
This cheese tortellini soup makes 8 servings which are about 1 1/2 cups each. It’s only 4 Freestyle points per serving.
Just make sure you don’t put all of the cheese tortellini in one serving. That would be cheating. 🙂
The carrots, celery, onion and seasonings give this soup a ton of flavor. I also added 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. I grew up eating that in homemade chicken noodle soup.
If you don’t want to add that it will take off 4 points from the entire recipe. That’s not a lot of points when we’re talking 8 servings.
My husband tends to follow a low carb diet which can make dinner time challenging. This soup is perfect because I can just leave the cheese tortellini out of his serving and he has a low carb meal.
30 Minute Cheese Tortellini Soup - Weight Watchers Freestyle
Yield: 8 servings – 4 Freestyle points per serving
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. cheese tortellini
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the chicken broth, chicken, Italian seasoning and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the cheese tortellini the last 6 minutes of cooking time. Add salt and pepper.