I hope you’re not sick of eggs, because this Toad in the Hole is delicious and only 1 Freestyle point!
I know a lot of people comment that they want breakfast ideas – but no eggs. I get it, it’s easy to get sick of eggs.
It’s also hard NOT to eat eggs since they are 0 Freestyle points.
I went for about a year eating the same breakfast sandwich and I didn’t get sick of it.
It was an English muffin, 1 egg white and a 1/2 piece of American cheese. I loved it and never got tired of it.
Then one day I quit making it, for no reason. I just reached for a bowl of cereal instead. Ever since then I’ve been rotating my breakfast routine.
I can remember the first time I had a Toad in the Hole. I thought it was so cute. I even ate it on a plate that had a tiny little frog on it. It was so cute.
I also like this breakfast because you can make the egg different ways for a little variety.
The one I made today was cooked over medium. I have also done it with only egg whites.
The best way to make the Toad in the Hole is to use a 2 inch cookie cutter to cut out the center of the bread.
Instead of using butter on the bread I used I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray. That saved quite a few points.
I also saved the piece of bread that was cut out and sprayed it with the butter spray. I cooked it so it toasted up and used it to dip in my egg yolk.
I added a little bit of Sriracha to mine.
The one point for this recipe comes from the bread. If I’m cutting out half of the bread you better believe I’m still going to eat the cut out bread. I’m getting my one point worth!
I also eat a bowl of fruit with it. It is a perfect and filling breakfast.
Toad in the Hole - Weight Watchers
Yield: One Toad in the Hole = 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle point
- 1 slice of one point bread – I used Sara Lee wheat honey bread
- I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray
- 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat a small frying pan on low.
- Use a 2 inch cookie cutter (or a knife) to cut out the center of the bread.
- Spray both sides of the bread with I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter spray.
- Place the bread in the frying pan and add the egg to the center. Cook for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Turn and cook until the egg is almost set. Season with Salt and pepper.