I don’t know about you but I am SO ready for summer! Unfortunately, the weather here in Michigan isn’t on the same page just yet.
That’s ok though. It’s not going to stop me from thinking about warm weather recipes. Starting with these root beer float popsicles. As much as I love soup in the winter I’m ready for summer food!
You need a popsicle mold for this. You can get them for pretty cheap and you can use them over and over. My mold makes 6 popsicles and it was $7.99 on Amazon. It even came with a funnel.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Root Beer Float Popsicles
Yield: 6 Popsicles (1 Freestyle point each)
- 2 cans of diet root beer
- 1 1/2 cups Halo Top vanilla bean ice cream
- Fill 1/3 of the popsicle mold with diet root beer.
- Add 2 (1/2 teaspoons) scoops of ice cream to each mold.
- Fill the popsicle mold with more diet root beer. Repeat the ice cream step again.
- Top each popsicle mold with more root beer. Be sure to not fill the molds all the way since the root beer will expand in the freezer.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the popsicles you can run them under hot water for about 10 seconds. That will make it easy for them to pop out.