This dessert is a great idea for Easter! I mean, it’s pink. How perfect is that!?
It’s also made with fresh strawberries. That makes it even yummier! I put a little bit of fat free whipped cream on it to serve and it was perfect.
This can also be done with something other than strawberries. Next I want to try it with blueberries. I’m excited!
I never bake without a silicone spatula. It makes transferring batter from the mixing bowl into the baking pan so easy. This is the same set that I have.
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Strawberry Angel Cake
Yield: 15 servings (5 Freestyle points per serving)
- 3 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup granulated Splenda
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 box Betty Crocker angel food cake mix
- Fat free Redi Whipp
- Preheat oven to 350 degress F.
- Add strawberries to a small saucepan. Add Splenda and stir.
- Cook strawberries over medium-low heat. Add lemon juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add cake mix to a large mixing bowl. Pour in the strawberry mixture and stir really well. Make sure there is no more cake mix powder.
- Pour batter into an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool. Serve with fat free Redi Whipp.