This salad is seriously delicious for only 4 Smart Points! We’re talking (easy) homemade ranch, BACON, eggs, cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and cheddar cheese. That’s a lot of goodies for only 4 points. The best part is that several of the ingredients are 0 points. So feel free to through in some extra cucumber, eggs or tomatoes.
Wedge Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing
Yield: 1 wedge with 2 tablespoons of homemade ranch dressing (4 Freestyle Smart Points)
For the ranch (this makes 4 servings of 2 tablespoons each):
- 1/4 cup light mayonaise
- 1/4 cup fat free skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the wedge salad:
- 1/4 head of lettuce
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1-2 hardboiled eggs
- 1 oz. low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- cherry tomatoes
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together all of the ingredients. It tastes best when it is refrigerated for 1 hour.
- Assemble the salad by adding bacon, eggs, cheese, cucumber, green onion and cherry tomatoes to the wedge of lettuce.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the homemade ranch dressing.