Last night I was really craving something sweet. I checked out the pantry to see if there was anything I could come up with that wouldn’t blow my points for the day. I saw reduced fat peanut butter, chocolate bars and pretzels. Need I say more?
Ten of these pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate and peanut butter is 3 SmartPoints. The only problem is stopping at 10. Luckily my family loved them too so they quickly disappeared. I did manage to put 10 in a baggie to have for a snack at work the following day. The next time I make these I plan on doing 10 bags with 10 pretzel sticks pre-portioned out…if my family doesn’t get to them first.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Pretzel Sticks
Yield: 10 servings (3 SmartPoints per serving. One serving includes 10 pretzel sticks dipped in chocolate & peanut butter)
- 100 pretzel sticks
- 1/4 cup reduced fat peanut butter
- 1 (1.55 oz.) Hershey’s milk chocolate bar
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small glass bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring each time. Mine took 45 seconds to melt.
- Dip pretzel sticks half way into the chocolate/peanut butter mixture. Lay pretzel on the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the pretzels are gone.
- Place baking sheet in the refrigerator until chocolate hardens, about 30 minutes.