I love Italian food. It is hands down my favorite! I LOVE chicken Parmesan. Unfortunately it is usually fried in oil, so it’s not the healthiest. I decided to bake it instead, and I made them into smaller pieces so I could control how much I was eating. They turned out great! I ended up making a meal out of mine. I had 6 bites which equaled 6 Smart Points. Not only were they delicious but they were filling too!
Chicken Parm Bites
Yield: 30 chicken parm bites (one smart point each)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into 3/4 inch pieces – this gave me 30 small chicken pieces)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce (I used Prego Traditional)
- 3 slices of low fat mozzarella cheese (tear into 30 small pieces)
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Put the Italian bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and pinch of salt in a bowl. Mix it together.
- Put the three egg whites in a bowl. One by one take chicken pieces and dip them in the egg whites, followed by the bread crumb mixture. Place the chicken on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Lightly mist the chicken with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, then remove from oven. Put a small amount of spaghetti sauce on each piece of chicken (about a 1/2 tablespoon), followed by a piece of the low fat mozzarella cheese. Put back in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove once your cheese has melted.
Leave a Reply