It’s March 14th which means it’s Pi Day! To celebrate I made something yummy with a pie crust.
Ok, it’s not a pie, but I think it’s even better. I made these churro cookies out of a store bought refrigerated pie crust. Pillsbury to be exact. The caramel dip goes perfectly with these!
There was also a birthday celebrated in our house tonight. Our little boy turned 3 today! I know I’m not the only one that celebrates their pets birthday. 🙂
He didn’t get any churro cookies or dip, but my husband did buy him his own special doggie dessert.
This is a link to the cookie cutters I used. There are 12 different sizes and they have a storage container.
Homy Feel Round Cookie Biscuit Cutter Set 12 Circle Pastry Donut Doughnut Cutter Set Round Cookie Cutters Circle Baking Metal Ring Molds
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
Churro Cookies & Caramel Dip
Yield: 85 Churro cookies (7 cookies = 2 Freestyle Points, 1 tablespoon caramel dip = 2 Freestyle Points)
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (I used Pillsbury)
- 2 tablespoons granulated Splenda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Egg white from one egg
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar free caramel sundae syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle flour on your work surface and unroll the pie dough. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out.
- Use a 1″ cookie cutter and cut out as many as you can. Place the cookies on the baking sheet.
- Roll the leftover dough into a ball and roll it out again. Cut out more cookies with the cookie cutter. Repeat until all of the dough is used. I made 85.
- In a small bowl mix together the Splenda and cinnamon.
- Brush egg white over each of the cookies and sprinkle with the cinnamon mixture.
- Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- While the churro cookies bake, mix cream cheese and sugar free caramel sundae syrup together in a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds at 50%. Give it a good stir when it comes out of the microwave.
30 Weight Watchers Freestyle Desserts -
Friday 27th of April 2018
[…] Churro Cookies with Caramel Dip […]