I love Nutella. It’s not the healthiest treat, but everything in moderation, right? I was thinking about what I could do with it, then I saw a nice ripe banana sitting on the counter. I also had some wonton wrappers. Then the light bulb went off.
Wonton wrappers were a great way to lighten up this recipe. Although some type of dough would have been tasty it would have been too high in points. Honestly, I didn’t even miss the dough. The taste of the Nutella is what I really wanted.
This treat was very easy to make. It took about 20 minutes including the baking time. You lay out the wonton wrappers, add the banana and Nutella, wet and fold the wontons, then bake them. That’s it!
Nutella Banana Wontons
Yield: 1 Wonton (2 SmartPoints)
- 10 wonton wrappers
- 5 teaspoons Nutella, divided
- 1 ripe banana, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Layout the wonton wrappers. Add one banana slice and 1/2 teaspoon Nutella to the corner of each wonton. Make sure to leave space to seal the wonton.
- Put some water in a small bowl. Put your finger in the bowl then wet the edges of the wonton wrapper. Fold the wrap into a triangle and pinch the edges to seal.
- Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place the wontons on the baking sheet and spray the tops of the wontons with the non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until the wontons are golden brown. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the powdered sugar.