I love watching Food Network. Sometimes it’s torture (because I want to eat everything they show), but other times it inspires me to make something new.
That is what inspired me to make this (not) fried ice cream. I saw the fried ice cream on the screen and knew I had to make something! I had vanilla ice cream, I just had to think of something to use for the coating. I checked in my pantry and found Honey Nut Cheerios. OMG. I couldn’t believe how good it was!! I added some fat free Reddi Whip and a little bit of cinnamon. I think it would also be good with some sugar free chocolate syrup.
I used a cookie scoop like this one for the ice cream. It gave me a nice round scoop of ice cream that was easy to get out. (This is an affiliate link. I may earn a small commission if purchased.)
(This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more info.)
(Not) Fried Ice Cream
Yield: 1 serving = 3 Freestyle points
- 1/2 cup Halo Top vanilla bean ice cream
- 1/4 cup Honey Nut Cheerios (you will only use approximately 1/8 cup)
- Fat free Reddi Whip
- Ground cinnamon
- Scoop out 1/2 cup ice cream making sure it’s nice and round. Put the scoop in the freezer.
- Place the Honey Nut Cheerios in a zip up baggie. Use a meat mallet or rolling pin to turn them into crumbs. Place the crumbs into a small baking dish.
- Take ice cream out of the freezer. Roll the ice cream in the Honey Nut Cheerios.
- Place ice cream in a bowl or plate and top with Reddi Whip and cinnamon.