I believe in being completely honest. This snack is not a pretty one. It’s not something I would take to a party to impress my friends or family. It’s definitely not a show stopper. The good thing about it is it tastes good and it’s filling.
I happened to wander down the candy aisle at the grocery store. I don’t know why I would torture myself, but I did. I’m glad I did though because I spotted sugar free Hershey’s dark chocolate. I quickly snatched up a bag.
I ended up melting the dark chocolate and mixing it with PB2 and peanuts. It only made 10 clusters and they aren’t very big. But as I said, they are filling. When I made the clusters I was extremely hangry. I waited just long enough for them to harden and I tried one. Yum! Then I had a second one, but I stopped there. Since they are 3 Freestyle Points for two I didn’t want to eat more. I know 3 points seems like a lot, but they are very filling. I was completely satisfied until I had dinner.
Chocolate Peanut Clusters
Yield: 10 clusters (2 clusters = 3 Freestyle points)
- 5 Sugar free Hershey’s dark chocolate bars (5 pieces which are 1.5 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon PB2 powder
- 1/2 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the PB2 and water until it’s creamy.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the unwrapped chocolate. Put in the microwave for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat in 30 second intervals until the chocolate is melted, stirring each time.
- Once the chocolate is melted quickly add the PB2 and peanuts. Stir until the peanuts are coated.
- Drop 10 small spoonfuls onto the parchment paper. Work quickly because the chocolate will harden fast.
- Refrigerate for one hour.