I’m not gonna lie…I did not feel like making dinner tonight. BUT I’m so glad I did. This caprese pasta salad was yummy! Plus I think that if I didn’t have this to make I might have ended up getting pizza. Tonight was one of those nights I would have wanted more than one piece. Crisis averted!!
This is also a quick recipe. While the noodles were cooking I cut up the lettuce, basil, mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and red onions.
Caprese Pasta Salad
Yield: 3 Servings (1 1/3 cups per serving = 6 Freestyle Smart Points)
- 1 cup dry penne rigate pasta
- 2 cups lettuce
- 5 mozzarella cheese balls, each cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons red onion
- cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- 3-4 tablespoons low-fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- Cook noodles according to directions on the box. Drain and rinse with cold water when they are done cooking.
- While the noodles cook, chop the lettuce, red onion and basil.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl, including the balsamic vinaigrette dressing.