I love Angelfood Cake. It helps satisfy my sweet tooth without being bad. Most of the time they have it at my grocery store so I don’t even need to make it. It can be used so many ways to make a low point dessert.
I love the raspberry fluff with this cake. You can actually use any flavor jello you want. The “fluff” is just the jello box mixed with fat free Cool Whip. It’s really easy to make. I only needed enough for 6 pieces of cake, so the rest of the fluff I put in the fridge. It tastes great if you put it on top of regular jello, or even to eat on its own like a mouse. Either way, I won’t let it go to waste!
This is what it looks like when you mix together the jello and Cool Whip:
IMPORTANT: Most of the points from this recipe come from the Angelfood cake. I measured out my piece to equal 3 points. I used 4 tablespoons of the fluff which is one more point. I use 2 tablespoons of fat-free Reddi Whip which is 0 points. I also add a few raspberries since they are 0 points. The total for my dessert was 4 smart points.
Angelfood Cake with Raspberry Fluff
- Angelfood cake
- 3 oz. sugar-free raspberry jello
- 8 oz. fat-free Cool Whip
- Fat-free Reddi Whip
- Cut angelfood cake to desired size.
- In a medium bowl mix together 3 oz. jello packet with one cup of boiling water. Whisk together until it is completely dissolved. Then add one cup of cold water and mix together. Let the mixture cool down.
- Before jello has set (I waited 10 minutes) add the 8 ounces of fat-free Cool Whip. Mix until blended. The red jello will now be pink.
- Add 4 tablespoons of the raspberry fluff to your cake. Top with 2 tablespoons of fat-free Reddi Whip and fresh raspberries.
- Refrigerate leftover fluff for one hour so it can set completely.