This salad was even better than I thought it would be. Even the kiddos liked it. I don’t usually get away with making a salad for dinner, but they were happy about this one! I also served them some mini pitas with it. That helped fill them up.
The most time consuming part of this recipe was cooking the chicken. If you’re short on time you could always use a rotisserie chicken. I prefer making my own though. I just seasoned it with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Then I cooked it in a skillet with a little bit of non-stick cooking spray. While that was cooking I chopped up all of the goodies.
Overall this is a very easy recipe!
Strawberry Chicken Balsamic Salad
Yield: 4 Servings (7 SmartPoints per serving / 4 Flex Points)
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 4 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 1/2 cup low fat balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a small bowl mix together the balsamic vinaigrette and Dijon mustard.
- In a large bowl toss the lettuce, chicken, feta cheese, strawberries, red onion and basil. You can add the dressing now, or serve it on individual portions.