I have a sweet tooth. It usually hits in the afternoon. Sometimes I can silence it, but it doesn’t always work. I just need a little sweet treat then I’ll be happy. Today I was skimming through Pinterest when I saw something that looked delicious. It was a marshmallow dipped in caramel, then dipped in chocolate. It was not only delicious looking but it was pretty too. I knew I couldn’t make that exact marshmallow because it would be too many points. So I started thinking about what I could do to lighten it up. That’s when I came up with these marshmallow dipped s’mores.
To lighten it up I only dipped it 1/3 of the way in the chocolate. Then I sprinkled the crushed graham crackers on the chocolate. It was perfect! I thought I would miss having the chocolate cover the entire marshmallow, but I didn’t. I think that would have made it too sweet.
Marshmallow Dipped S’mores
Yield: 15 marsmallows (2 SmartPoints each)
- 15 jet-puffed marshmallows
- 1 – 1.55 ounce Hershey’s milk chocolate bar
- 2 graham cracker crumbs, smashed into crumbs
- 15 sucker sticks
- Put sucker sticks into the marshmallows. Only go 3/4 of the way through so it doesn’t poke out the bottom. Put marshmallows on parchment paper
- Break up the Hershey’s bar in a small glass bowl. Put in the microwave 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until it is melted.
- Dip each marshmallow 1/3 of the way into the melted chocolate, then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Put back on the parchment paper until chocolate hardens. Repeat until all of the marshmallows are done.