These Monte Cristo Bites give you the same flavor as the sandwich without all of the calories. They are a great appetizer, snack or even a light lunch. They are also easy to make and don’t take much time.
Monte Cristo Bites
Yield: 5 servings (4 cracker bites per serving- 3 SmartPoints per serving)
- 20 Reduced fat Ritz crackers
- 2 ounces sliced ham (I used Boar’s Head lunch meat)
- 2 ounces sliced turkey (I used Boar’s Head lunch meat)
- 1 1/2 slices reduced fat Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar free raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread out crackers on a baking sheet.
- Cut the ham, turkey and Swiss cheese small enough to fit on the crackers.
- Layer onto the crackers putting the Swiss cheese on first, ham then turkey.
- Bake in the oven for 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
- Spoon a little of the raspberry preserves onto each cracker, then sprinkle on the powdered sugar.