This recipe is my daughters favorite. Every day she asks me what we’re having for dinner. Whenever I tell her stuffed shells it brings a smile right to her face. I can’t blame her. There’s pasta, cheese, sauce…yum!!! It’s a delicious Italian dish.
To help make this dish lighter I used low fat ricotta cheese instead of regular, and fat free shredded mozzarella instead of regular. The original recipe was 13 SmartPoints per serving. With the modifications I made it brought it down to 9 SmartPoints.
Yield: 7 Servings (9 SmartPoints for 4 stuffed shells)
- 30 jumbo pasta shells
- 1 1/2 cups low fat ricotta cheese
- 2 cups fat free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups Barilla traditional sauce (1 jar)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook pasta shells in boiling water with salt according to the instructions on the box. Drain and let them cool off a bit.
- In a medium bowl mix together the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, chopped spinach, minced garlic and egg.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, spread 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce along the bottom.
- Stuff each shell with a spoonful of the cheese mixture, then place in the dish. Once all of the shells are done, pour the remaining spaghetti sauce on top of the shells.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.