This French Dip sandwich combines two of my favorite things….it’s delicious and easy to make. This is another slow cooker recipe which is always awesome during the week. Coming home to the smell of dinner already done is the best. Plus this French Dip smells extra good!!
For this recipe I used a choice beef round sirloin. It’s ok to use a different type of beef, just know that you will have to double check the SmartPoints. The sirloin I bought came out to 3 SmartPoints for 3 ounces. I never used to weigh out meat, but now I do. Surprisingly I wasn’t giving myself enough meat before I started weighing it. 3 Ounces doesn’t sound like much, but it’s a good size portion.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
Yield: 10 Servings (9 SmartPoints per serving. One serving includes 3 ounces of the beef sirloin roast-3SP, 1 French roll-4SP, and 1/4 cup of the au jus)
- 2 1/2 pound choice beef round sirloin
- 2 cans Campbells French Onion Soup, condensed
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 French bakery dinner rolls (The ones I used were 4 SP each. Double check the SP for your bread of choice )
- Place beef in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper. Add condensed french onion soup, beef broth and sliced onion.
- Cook on low 8 hours.
- Assemble the slider by adding 3 oz. of beef to the roll and 1/4 cup au jus in a small bowl.