I love spinach dip. The problem is I love it too much. I could easily finish half of a container from the store…in one sitting. I made these spinach dip cups and they helped me stick to my points. Two spinach dip cups is only 3 SmartPoints. This means I fulfill my spinach dip craving for not a lot of points.
I put the spinach dip in wonton wrappers. The edges get a little crispy which is great. It reminds me of pita chips.
Spinach Dip Cups
Yield: 16 wonton cups (2 per serving = 3SmartPoints)
- 16 wonton wrappers
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1/4 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped spinach (I used frozen chopped spinach, thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- pinch of pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Put each wonton wrapper in the muffin pan. I put the wrappers in the microwave for 5 seconds to make them easier to work with. Lightly spray the edges of the wonton wrappers so they get nice and crispy in the oven.
- Mix together cream cheese, fat free sour cream, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, spinach, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once it is thoroughly mixed place it into the wonton wrappers.
- Place pan into the oven and cook for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.