I actually ate this for dinner last night because it was so good. My plan was to just try a little bite, then have pork tacos with my husband. Well, the plan changed. I ended up having two pieces of this instead of the pork tacos.
I picked up some already made angel food cake at the store. Using this instead of a rich biscuit dough helps to cut way back on the calories and fat.
The loaf I bought said it was 5 servings, approximately 2 oz. each. I sliced it into 10 pieces so they were 1 oz. each. It’s the perfect size for a light dessert.
I also bought sugar free strawberry preserves. I mixed 1 tablespoon of this with 1/2 teaspoon of water and popped it in the microwave for 10 seconds. It made the tastiest sauce to drizzle over the spongecake!
My Strawberry Shortcake
Yield: 1 serving (3 SmartPoints)
- 1 ounce piece of angel food cake
- 1 tablespoon sugar free strawberry preserves
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 2 strawberries, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fat free Reddi Whip
- Put the sugar free strawberry preserves and water into a small microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 10 seconds or until preserves have melted some and can easily be stirred with the water.
- Drizzle the preserve mixture over your piece of angel food cake.
- Add strawberries and fat free Reddi Whip.