There is something about the dressing for this that puts it over the top. Lettuce, chicken, bacon, red onion, avocado, tomato, pita bread and dressing. YUM! This recipe is 9 SmartPoints, but if you subtract the avocado it will only be 6. I love avocado so for me it needs to stay.
This recipe calls for cooked boneless, skinless chicken breast. As a time saver you could use leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken. I didn’t have either of those so I cooked up some chicken in a pan. I sprinkled it with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. It was delicious!
Open-Faced Chicken Pita
Yield: 1 Serving
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 oz. cooked skinless boneless chicken breast
- 1 slice center cut bacon, cooked
- 1 tablespoon chopped uncooked red onion
- 1 cup Romaine lettuce
- 1/4 ripe avocado (this is 3 SP so if you don’t like or want it just omit)
- 1/2 cup fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 pita bread (I used 1/2 of a pita because mine was really large)
- In a small bowl mix together the extra virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Lay your pita on a plate.
- Assemble by adding the lettuce, chicken, bacon, red onion, avocado and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the dressing onto the salad mixture.