These sandwiches were so good!!! I can’t wait to make them again. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Besides being delicious they were also filling.
The marinade for the flank steak is easy to throw together. I did mine the night before and I highly recommend it. Letting your steak sit overnight to absorb all of that flavor is the way to go! This was a great summer meal because it involves the grill and it was an easy clean up!
Grilled Flank Steak Sandwiches
Yield: 6 Sandwiches (One French roll, 3 ounces flank steak, grilled onion and lettuce)
- 1 1/2-2 pound flank steaks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- juice of one lime
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes (omit if you do not want any heat)
- Sliced grilled onion
- 6 French rolls
- Add the olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, minced garlic, chopped cilantro and red pepper flakes to a plastic zipper bag. Mix it up then add the flank steak. Let it marinate over night. If you’re cooking it the same day allow it to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high. Grill the meat for 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Allow meat to rest for a couple minutes once off of the grill. Slice against the grain into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Place the sliced steak onto the bread. Top with grilled onions and lettuce.