When I found out there was a quesadilla maker I thought it was a joke. It just sounded too silly. But then I bought one. Maybe I didn’t buy it, maybe it was a gift. I honestly don’t remember. The point is I fell in love with it. It’s so easy to use. It’s great for a quick weeknight meal especially when you have to race kids off to their activities.
You don’t need the quesadilla maker for this recipe, but it is nice.
Yield: One serving (one quesadilla)
- One Mission flour tortilla (soft taco size)
- 3 oz Cooked, chopped chicken breast (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 1/4 cup shredded, low fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Preheat quesadilla maker (if this is what you are using).
- Lay out the flour tortilla. On half of it sprinkle 1/2 of the cheddar cheese. Then add the chicken, onions and cilantro. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over it and add the pinch of garlic powder.
- Place it onto the quesadilla maker and close it. Check on it after about 2 minutes. This is up to you and how much you want your quesadilla cooked. I listen for the cheese to bubble.
If you don’t have a quesadilla maker you can cook it in a skillet over medium high heat. Flip it occasionally until both sides are browned and the cheese is melted.